Colorful Mini Puto
I made colorful mini puto for my daughter's second birthday party. It was a hit because of its taste and festive colors. It's buttery and soft that makes you want eat more. It was fun eating them because of its bite size and I must say that it is very attractive too, don't you think? My kids love them and that makes me happy!!!
4 cups flour, sifted
2 cups sugar, sifted
2 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 cup evaporated milk
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 piece egg, raw
small slices of cheese
food coloring (pink, purple, yellow, green)
4 cups water (for steaming)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients starting from the flour, sugar,and baking powder then mix well.
2. Add the butter, evaporated milk, egg, water and pandan essence (dissolve the pandan essence in water) then mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
3. Separate the mixture equally into 5 bowls for 5 different colors (purple, yellow, pink, green, and white). You can put one food coloring for each bowl.
4. Pour the mixture in individual molds.
5. If you are using non -- quick melt Filipino brand cheese, You may put the cheese on top of the mixture otherwise put the cheese on top after steaming.
6. . Pour the water in the steamer.
7. Arrange the molds in the steamer then steam for about 20 minutes
8. If you are using quick melt cheese,remove the cover of the steamer and top each puto with quick melt cheese then continue steaming (with the cover on) for 2 to 5 minutes.
9. Remove from the mold and arrange in a serving plate.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: Panlasang Pinoy