Krispy Kreme Donuts (Copy Cat Recipe)
10 g active yeast
1/4 cup luke water (100 degrees)
3/4 cup warm milk (100 degrees)
2 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 stick or 113.5 g butter or shortening (soften at room temperature)
vegetable oil for deep frying
1/4 stick or 113.5 g butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp water (clear glaze) or milk (white glaze)
*Melt butter and add to powdered sugar, vanilla, and water. Mix well until smooth. Pour into a shallow dish for dipping and coating warm doughnuts.
1. Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water, then add warm milk, egg, sugar, butter, and flour. Mix well for a few minutes. (If using an electric mixer for 2 minutes or by hand for 5 minutes)
2. Cover dough for at least an hour, or overnight.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough with a rolling pin about half an inch thick.
4. Cut doughnuts with a cutter (I used coffee mug), then a smaller cutter (bottle top) for the centers.
5. Let it rise for another 30 minutes.
6. When doughnuts have risen, heat oil in a wide, shallow pan to about 350 degrees (medium heat). Test one doughnut holes in the oil, it should bubble and quickly brown the doughnut hole.
7. Fry one doughnut at a time. Doughnuts brown in a few seconds, so you have to carefully watch for it.
8. Flip doughnut over to brown the other side.
9. Set cooked doughnuts on a rack or on paper towels to drain.
10. Dip one side of doughnut in a shallow bowl of sugar glaze.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: The 99 Cent Chef
Photo: Jhezlau Concepts